1970's Query - BICC, Aluminium conductor wire armoured cable

Does anyone know of where I can find info on BICC, aluminium conductor wire armoured cable of the type used in the UK for electrical fixed wiring installations in the late 1970's, early 80's ?

(When aluminium was used in place of copper, I believe due to the high costs of copper at the time )

I need to be able to work out the CSA of a multicore cable simply by measuring it's overall external diameter.

I don't have access to the seperate cores as I can't power down the system.

I have a 'lookup' table for copper conductor armoured cable, & need a similar table for aluminium.

I did discuss the issue with a UK cable supplier - they wouldn't give me any info in case they got it wrong !.

TIA,

woodglass...

Reply to
woodglass