3 / 0 round box extenders

My local electrical wholesaler says that there is no such thing as a box extender for 3/0 round boxes (plastic). He sold me a bunch of extenders that fit 4/0 boxes and says that they are spec'd for 3/0 boxes too even though they obviously don't fit the 3/0's at all. He's returned those to stock, but I'm still extenderless.

Anybody know of 3/0 extenders? It's new construction, but the boxes were installed for 1/2" drywall. 5/8 was used instead AND the ceilings were strapped, so the boxes are about 1.25" from the interior surface of the drywall.

TIA

Reply to
N7RX

I think you had better find another electrical wholesaler.

SQLit

I had the same problem with a four plex in 1988. Here is how I solved it. I bought the same boxes and cut the tops off at 1.25 inches back. I drilled oversized holes in the home made extensions where the 6/32's normally go and used extra long 6/32 screws to mount the devices.

Reply to
Gerald Newton

I think the RACO product is a bolt-on metal extension with a fixed depth. I'm looking for a plastic insertion type with variable depth.

N7RX

Shame on me, I missed the plastic part of you first post.

I sure hope you are not planning on trimming this box with a light fixture or worse a fan. Here you have to use metal boxes for chandeliers or fans. I have never seen an adaptor for a plastic box.. Sorry.

Reply to
SQLit