Analog out +/-10V, op-amp?

I have servo drives that take a +10V to -10V analog input. The +10V to -10V signal seems to be one of the standards for servo drives and I'm wondering if there are standard op-amp circuits to convert a 0-5V analog signal to

+/-10V signal? I'm guessing that you would just make an op-amp circuit with a gain of 4 and give it a 2.5V offset, Right? I have some software that will give PWM output, would you use the same op-amp circuit and just use an RC filter on the input side?

If I remember right from over 20 years ago at college, I would use a resistor, perhaps 1K between the inverting input and 2.5V(offset amount) abouve ground. Then a feedback resistance of 3K between the output and inverting input. The signal in would go to the non-inverting input. OK, with the inverting input and non-inverting input both at 2.5V, would the output be 0V or 2.5V?

I thought since +/-10V seemed to be pretty standard among analog outputs, someone might have a link to a circuit that I could use.

Thanks!

RogerN

Reply to
Roger_N