Biax lamp question

Gentle people ?

I have a number of GE 2 pin double biax compact fluorescent bulbs that I can?t get to work. P/N F13DBX/840 F13DBXT4-SPX41.

The GE spec sheet lists them with a G24d 2 pin base, internal starter,

91 v. 0.17 a., but I?ve been unable to find further information on circuitry.

I?ve tried them direct on 120 v. with a dropping resistor, with no result. No current draw ? the voltage at the pins remained at 120v.

I made the assumption that since they contained an internal starter that they may have been self-contained, and this may be incorrect. Most fluorescent bulbs require a ballast, but there is no information supplied on this item.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject (!) for me?

Jack Wetmore in NB Can.

Reply to
Jack