Buying NMB, months before a project - help me with assessing the wire?

On Craiglist, a guy is selling 250ft of NMB 12-3 for $50. I figure this is a good deal, right?

But I am not using it for 6 months to a year, when I finish my basement. I plan on following all codes.

But I have not done the research yet. Will NMB be good for finishing a basement - any problems with bathroom use?

I anticipate using it for wall outlets and ceiling light fixtures. It will be strung through & between studs, in contact with pink extruded polystyrene panels of insulation.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Reply to
bryanska

PS - I'm asking because I've seen NMC all over the place, but NMB is a new term to me.

Reply to
bryanska

Hh? You must be in the great white north. In the US NM-b is the thing you see and NM-c is hard to come by. They will sell you UF.

Reply to
gfretwell

I don't know. Up here, I'm familiar with NMD (Non Metallic jacket, Dry locations) which everyone uses to wire homes, NMW (wet locations), even NMWU (direct burial Underground), but neither NMC nor NMB.

A quick look on Google seems to say that the B in NMB indicates 90C rating.

operator jay

Thanks, all. It's probably the standard wiring. But I'm not going to stop asking questions at the risk of sounding dumb :)

Cool, I am going to go ahead with the purchase, and use it for my basement project. Thank you!

Reply to
bryanska