Calculations in different bases

Does Matlab, Octave, or Fortran do calculations in different bases like a base 8 or Hexadecimal base 16? Brian White

Reply to
Brian White

CALC.EXE on a Windoze box. View, Scientific. (Binary, Octal, Decimal, Hexadecimal.) Change the base to do a conversion.

Reply to
JeffM

I don't know about Matlab or similar products, but in Fortran (and other languages), the math is all done in the system's floating point or integer formats. The resulting values can be printed in whatever bases are supported by the available I/O library routines.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.