CATV, SAT long lines and ground

There is much information available out there but I'm left uncertain how things apply related to proper grounding in a SAT system.

The scenario is somewhat different. In this case the Antenna is located directly above the Service Entrance and the meter. Seems simple, antenna down to a ground block, bonding wire from the ground block to the service entrance ground.

The question comes in on where the coax wires actually enter the building. In this case the coax wires leave the ground block (2 pair of RG6 coax) and go around to the other side of the house where they enter from outside into basement laundry room where the signal is then distributed to the rest of the house.

With a valid ground at the ground block right near the service entrance for the power company, does addtional grounding need to be done closer to where the wires enter the building? Is leaving them relying on the ground 80 feet onto the other side of the house unsafe?

Thanks for any replies.

Reply to
Mike H

| With a valid ground at the ground block right near the service entrance | for the power company, does addtional grounding need to be done closer | to where the wires enter the building? Is leaving them relying on the | ground 80 feet onto the other side of the house unsafe?

All the grounding needs to be connected together, especially other wires coming to the house like cable TV and telephone.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Thanks for the reply. I do understand that and that seems to be taken care of. Not sure if the crude ASCII art will work but

Reply to
Mike H