Class 1 Division 1 Question

I would like to use a flat panel touch screen for the operator interface in a Class 1 Division 1 location. Does anyone know of a touch screen which would satisfy this requirement? The enclosure it will be mounted in will have a positive air purge/pressurization system.

Reply to
Mike

off hand i can't recall the company, but, either This Old House or Bob Vila Advertised on a showing, a Link to a "Home Automation" website that had a Custom Desiging Service available to meet your specifc requirements.

should i come across it again I'll post it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

operator interface in

screen which

mounted in will

Contact Allen Bradley. they will have a set up you can use. An intrinsically safe LCD display with the power feed and higher voltage conductors isolated from the screen,,, those would go inside your air purged box.. the entire screen may be mountable outside or with just the touch surface outside the box.

your problem is not just in designing a safe and legal system, but in providing an industry certified package..AB will have it for sure...so will many of the other controls companies that deal in petrochemical environments... for good consultation contact DST controls in Benicia Calif...talk to Bill Southard. These have perhaps the hottest solutions in the industry.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

House or Bob

website that

Class 1, Div 1 is a hazardous/ explosive environment location.

Reply to
Phil Scott

Reply to
Mike

I know what Class 1 Div 1 is ... i wrote about it earlier on another thread.

you said you had a compliant enclosure for the flat panel control screen didn't you? the guy from the company seemed to be doing the show a big favor and it was obvious to me they are a top of the line co. or i wouldn't have suggested you checked that route.

Roy

Reply to
Roy Q.T.