Critique My Resume

Likely not. I haven't put in the *time*. I do quite well though as an engineer.

Let me put it another way... I could learn your *trade* far faster than your could learn mine. No, I wouldn't enjoy slogging wires. If that's what makes you a man, go for it!

Why in hell would I want to carry your tools? Good grief Gert!? You couldn't carry my mouse, you racist maroon!

Note that the name of the group has "engineering" in it. There is no IBEW here, thank &diety..

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Why do you have to quote the whole godamn thread for one stupid remark, Keith?

Reply to
Nukie Poo

Did you have to clip 60% of what I said (and all of the text I was responding to) to deliver that stupid remark?

That said, I try to clip articles. Often I leave what's there for perfectly good reasons (like someone could easily look up and see he's a damed racist!).

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

So those that don't like terrorists are racists! Then the whole damn USA is a proud racists. I especially don't like Arab terrorists.

Reply to
Gerald Newton

Those who paint all those of Arab descent as terrorists are as racist as they come! You are a racist!

Speak for yourself! I am a US citizen and want to get rid of every terrorist (including perhaps/especially you), though not all those of Arab descent are terrorists.

I especially don't like racists. You're scum!

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Evidently then you're neither Christian nor Jewish. Hence by your own logic YOU have no place in America either!

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

Blame the HR departments for all the bullshit. If you get a professional job with a corporation, the guy who hires you or fires you is the same person, a project manager or a department manager who functions nearly identically to your foreman on a IBEW job. (HR is equivalent to the union hiring hall.) Produce and do not spit on his desk and you have some job security, screw up or piss him off an you're gone! (I was an IBEW Communications Workers of America member for 5 years prior to attending college, and there have been years when I wished that I had stayed that way. Still, I coulding live with constantly kissing ass to the union hall hiring goons in order to get the next day's or month's worth of work! Then too, there were the union dues and constant kickbacks.)

Hmmm... I still have my union card, so maybe I can now collect back on some of what I was forced to pay into their retirement fund 40 years ago. What do you think?

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

Now you are calling me names, Keith. If I were a racist I wouldn't be married to my wife, you dumb shit. And that is about all I am saying about my personal life here.

Reply to
Gerald Newton

How many times is it you've been arrested for domestic violence Gerald?

Do you want me to post the neat little URL to the Alaska court system data that shows it? (It's been posted on alt.culture.alaska several time, which obviously hasn't exactly made you happy there.)

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

You would be missing out if you passed over a resume because the applicant didn't attend a big-name U.

Those who were involved with the annual conference for the American Society of Civil Engineers would definitely know about Lakehead U. This conference hosts a steel bridge design competition every year in which Lakehead students had been very successful in recent years. This year, Lakehead placed 5th overall, behind, U of Michigan, Wisconsin Madison, Florida and Penn State. Last year, they took 2nd place overall- with an all-women team, a first in the competition's history!

There is greater uniformity among Canadian engineering programs than in the U.S. If the performance of Lakehead's civil engineering students in recent design competitions is any indication of the quality of their programs, I would expect their EE grads would be no slouches either.

Other than that, you provided some good insight into the hiring process at many large companies, and especially at Raytheon.

Reply to
D. Monk