Cut aislapol.

I need to cut a lot of aislapol panels and i want to do it with an electric filament but i dont know the volts per meter in that filament. Has any one a circuit for this? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
CLT

Is "aislapol" like styrofoam? If so, something like this:

You can also use a stepdown ISOLATION transformer and a mains-voltage variac on the primary.

If this isn't an established method of cutting you might want to investigate the nature and possible toxicity of the fumes that come off the material before going ahead.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
We use hot wire cutters on pink foam to shape scenery on our model railroad layouts. One modeler I know picked up some surplus 6.3VCT

20 amp secondary filament transformers. Once we get the 120V variac and build it properly, it should make a nice cutter.

I'd be suspicious of the part where he says to use a model train transformer without a circuit breaker. It probably means he's overloading the one he's got and doesn't realize it.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Lamond