Cylinder on USB cable

I was looking at a USB cable and I noticed a black cylinder, about 2cm
diameter, just after the connector on each end of the lead. I was
wondering what this is?
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
It's a chunk of ferrite. aka ferrite ring.
You can Google search on that to find out why it's there and what it does.
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.