DC motor

Hello, I have recently built DC motor which suppose to run at Minimum

5000 RPM under 10 Foot-LBS torque when 27 VDC applied per specification. But my motor run at 4800 RPM. I need to know what factors could cause the RPM to drop?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Is your motor running a load at the stated RPM?

A freewheeling motor, i.e. no load can turn faster.

Reply to
SQLit

Do you know your mechanical load is actually 10 foot-pounds @ 5000rpm?

Do you know there is actually 27Vdc at the machine terminals _when running_? Is the voltage from a clean source?

Reply to
operator jay

You have not supplied much detailed information necessary to get a good answer. Your best bet is to hire an electrician experienced with a dc motor or a PE EE. One guess is that your field current is too high.

Measure current in the armature. That should give a decent idea of what the torque is.

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg