DC motor control

We have a 1/4hp 90v dc motor and controller we want to hook up for a project. We were told they were compatible pieces. Wires are cut on motor and controller. Motor wires are black, white, and green. Terminal strip on controller are marked L1, L2, A1, and A2. Am I correct in "assuming" the A1 & A2 from the conroller go to the black & white on the dc motor? Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim Aberegg

Yes. The "A" designation indicates ARMATURE terminals for the motor. The "L" terminals are the LINE or power input connections.

Reversing the 2 "A" connections will reverse the direction of rotation.

Bob Weiss N2IXK

Reply to
Bob Weiss