Turnigy wiring diagram

I am trying to hook up my new Turnigy brushless speed controller and all of the wires that go to the motor are red, and the wiring diagram that comes with the controller does not show which wire goes where. The unit does label the wires A,B,C, but there is no correspondence provided to motor wire colors red, white and black.

What is the correspondance between wires {A,B,C} and {red, white, black}?

Reply to
Peter Olcott

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 08:57:49 -0600, Peter Olcott mumbled:

Hook up the three wires, test the motor. If it is spinning reverse of what you want, switch two of the wires, any two, it doesn't matter, and it will run in the opposite direction than before.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Take heed, superb value for money, but the shafts are made out of rubber.... slightest ding from the prop and the shaft bends. Always buy a couple of spare shafts.... easy to replace.

Reply to
TTman

Its been a long time since I saw a shaft on a speed controller. ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It looks like the order is {A,B,C}--->{black, white, red}.

Reply to
Peter Olcott

I bought a Turnigy motor too, and all of the user comments said that the shaft is very sturdy, and does not bend on rough landings. Also I found out that a prop saver saves more than the prop, it also save the shaft, and the airframe.

Reply to
Peter Olcott

">>>

Sorry to say, but they bend... I have a bag full of spare shafts. Perhaps not the 8mm shaft ( not had a minor with that yet) but the smaller ones most certainly do.

Reply to
TTman

but NEVER EVER switch the battery wires to reverse rotation. Wrong polarity will kill your controller (and electronics in general).

The three wires are equivalent but not the same. More links/info by yours truly:

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, Netherlands,

Ron van Sommeren

| It looks like the order is {A,B,C}--->{black, white, red}.

The point is that you don't need to know the order.

For any sensorless brushess motor (3 wires), you don't need to know the order. Just hook them up in any order you want, and see what direction the motor spins. If it spins the wrong way, swap any two wires and the direction will reverse.

That's all you need to know.

Reply to
Doug McLaren