DC to AC conversion question

Sorry if this is a trivial question, but I wish to convert my wife's rechar geable sweeper into an AC plug-in device. The (failed) battery pack reads
1500 mAmp-hr (~ 1.5 Amp-hr) capacity at 15 Volts. Obviously I need to conv ert 120 AC to 15 DC Volts but how many Amps do I need to run the device? I realize that Amp-hr is a measure of Coulombs (5400 in this case), but does that tell me what Amp draw to expect from the Vacuum motor?
thanks

How long did it run on a brand new battery?
You could put a cigarette lighter plug on it and try it on a running car and check the current.
6 bucks with free shipping and you're good to go. http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-volt-1-5-amp-Power-Supply-/321444467271?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
On Saturday, 1 November 2014 03:03:33 UTC+11, minnew wrote:

argeable sweeper into an AC plug-in device. The (failed) battery pack read s 1500 mAmp-hr (~ 1.5 Amp-hr) capacity at 15 Volts. Obviously I need to co nvert 120 AC to 15 DC Volts but how many Amps do I need to run the device? I realize that Amp-hr is a measure of Coulombs (5400 in this case), but do es that tell me what Amp draw to expect from the Vacuum motor?

check the nameplate, or the operation manual (if u still have it). it shoul d state the power consumption in [watts] or [VA]. divide this figure by 15 (the dc voltage) and the result will be the current supply required. round up to the nearest available value.