DC to AC conversion question

Sorry if this is a trivial question, but I wish to convert my wife's rechar geable sweeper into an AC plug-in device. The (failed) battery pack reads

1500 mAmp-hr (~ 1.5 Amp-hr) capacity at 15 Volts. Obviously I need to conv ert 120 AC to 15 DC Volts but how many Amps do I need to run the device? I realize that Amp-hr is a measure of Coulombs (5400 in this case), but does that tell me what Amp draw to expect from the Vacuum motor?

thanks

Reply to
minnew

How long did it run on a brand new battery?

You could put a cigarette lighter plug on it and try it on a running car and check the current.

Reply to
gfretwell

thanks

6 bucks with free shipping and you're good to go.
Rich.

argeable sweeper into an AC plug-in device. The (failed) battery pack read s 1500 mAmp-hr (~ 1.5 Amp-hr) capacity at 15 Volts. Obviously I need to co nvert 120 AC to 15 DC Volts but how many Amps do I need to run the device? I realize that Amp-hr is a measure of Coulombs (5400 in this case), but do es that tell me what Amp draw to expect from the Vacuum motor?

check the nameplate, or the operation manual (if u still have it). it shoul d state the power consumption in [watts] or [VA]. divide this figure by 15 (the dc voltage) and the result will be the current supply required. round up to the nearest available value.

Reply to
Daniel