Electric pump motor question

I have hot water heating and last year the motor stopped and would not start. There is also one spot where it is hard to turn but the bushings look really fine. What is the proper procedure to test the motor and overload protection? The coils don't look burned at all. How can I test for shorted winding? Any websites describing testing/service of this kind of motor? It is AC, single phase, 115V, with start up and main coil. 1/12HP. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Walter.

Reply to
Walter

WW Grainger and look up circulating pumps. I used the Grunfos pump and motor on my solar system. When the old one crapped. I spent 2 days getting into the motor to test it. Only to find it was worthless. Check the plumbing connections before looking on line. Also get an idea of head and volume needed. When I changed my pump, of course there was not one exactly available for what I needed. I went with the gallons as close as possible but added a bit of head. Which made the solar heater recover a bit faster on really sunny days.

Chances are the bearings are screwed anyway. These pumps are water lubricated and if the water chemistry is aggressive then by the time the motor is gone so are the bearings.

Reply to
SQLit