Electrical cars

The problem of the electrical cars' range can be solved if we install terminals of recharging everywhere, including on the aeries of
freeways. Since the complete recharging takes several hours, it is possible to reduce it by equipping every battery of an independent male electrical plugs, and every demarcation of recharging of so much female plugs. So the time of recharging of n batteries will take so much time as the recharging of one of them.
Jean wrote:

I just came across this site and thought you guys would find it interesting.
http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/PV/pvscooter.htm
[8~{} Uncle Monster
On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 01:57:13 -0500, Uncle Monster

Nice. They'd love me at work as well.

who need batterys? just run wires overhead. it works for cable cars & light rail vehicles.
| Tim Perry wrote: |> Jean wrote: |> The problem of the electrical cars' range can be solved if we install |> terminals of recharging everywhere, including on the aeries of |> freeways. Since the complete recharging takes several hours, it is |> possible to reduce it by equipping every battery of an independent |> male electrical plugs, and every demarcation of recharging of so much |> female plugs. So the time of recharging of n batteries will take so |> much time as the recharging of one of them.
| who need batterys? just run wires overhead. it works for cable cars & light | rail vehicles.
Why limit yourself to light rail vehicles. See entry for "Little Joe" (named from Little Joe Stalin's locomotives in 1946) electric locomotives. ___________________________________Gerard S.

The charge time is a problem which is being dealt with. A company called Altair Nanotechnologies has developed batteries that can be recharged in minutes, rather than hours. These are curently being used by the Lightning Car Company in their new car (http:// www.lightningcarcompany.com/nanosafe.php).
snipped-for-privacy@AOL.com says...

How do you propose to reduce the *time* to recharge by having more recharging stations? Do you also believe nine women can have a baby in one month?
You plan is not going to work real well for cross-country driving. I don't feature sitting in a "rest area" for 10 hours waiting for my battery to charge, every couple of hours (if you can do that good, and you can't). It would play hell on the average MPH.
No thanks.
--
Keith

Electric cars are not cross country vehicles but they do make sense for short trip drivers who only drive 50-100 miles a day. Golf carts on a golf course are a very good analogy. Electric carts make sense for golfers who just commute around the course but the maintenance staff who drive all day and are never sure where they are going to have to go have gas carts. You could have an electric as your drive to work or houseperson car and a regular gas car/truck for trips, hauling your boat or whatever. Maybe if they gave you a break on the electric car insurance, tags etc when you have another vehicle it would help the idea. I know I would like an electric at this stage of my life for local trips (replacing a Honda) but I am still keeing my F-150.

And that's exactly the problem. Since electric are only good for commutes and short trips, having one pretty much means you either 1) Don't take any long trips, ever... or 2) have two vehicles even though you can only drive one at a time.
daestrom
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:36:28 -0400, "daestrom"

Exactly my point. They could certainly nudge this project along if you could get a tax break on the electric. People will probably be "shocked" at how much they end up using the electric once they have it. Most trips are short and not feeing the pinch at the gas pump could be addictive.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

All you're proposing is that someone else be forced to pay for your grand schemes.
--
Keith

You are paying for it now. How much money are they pissing away on less effefctive "carbon" schemes?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

No, I am not paying for "it" now. Which schemes? Like the asinine plan to burn alcohol? No thanks, government has no business in economic decisions. It screws them up _every_ time.
--
Keith

That is a excellent example and yes, you are paying for that in direct farm subsidies and the cost of groceries.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

I meant your proposed subsidy to make the additional (electric) vehicle somehow more "affordable". I am *not* paying for that particular boondoggle, yet. Alcohol, certainly. We'll get enough boondoggles rammed down our throats, we don't have to ask for more.
--
Keith

Perhaps you misunderstand the intent of the policy. I am talking about the "extra" electric car. If your insurance company understands you are driving the electric instead of the SUV it should make them happier. I have 3 cars and 2 drivers here. It is clear I am not "Roman Riding" 2 cars down the road, why pay for 2 insurance policies? How is that a subsidy?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

If you're demanding that they do it, it is a subsidy. They can choose to give "multiple car" discounts now. One can't drive more than one car at a time now, why do they "insist" that one pays for two? What makes your electric "commuter" any different?
--
Keith

I don't demand anyone do anything. I would only suggest that if the insurance company could get me to park my F-150 and drive a smaller vehicle for the same price their liability will go down. I am just trying to point out that there wouled be more people with a "spare" electric car if they could get a break on the insurance and tags. I am not talking about exra drivers and more cars on the road. Maybe insurance should be tagged to drivers and not cars in the first place but that probably makes people's heads hurt. I suppose that is just coming from a guy who always had more cars than drivers in my family.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

Some states have liability insurance tied to the driver, but it doesn't change the fact that you need to insure each car. As you point out, insurance companies don't do it now (other than multi-car, leisure-car discounts and the like) so why would they do it with electric commuter cars? ...unless forced. The states are no better with tag fees. I also don't see insurance or licensing fees as the deal breaker. Depreciation makes those look piddling.
--
Keith

Depreciation is only as bad as your buying decision. Cars are always a losing proposition but if you can live without that new car smell someone else is taking most of the depreciation hit.