Electrical Panel Load Calc

To calculate the load for a Single Phase Panel I understand you add up
all the individual loads in Watts and divide by the system voltage.
This will give the Amps for the phase conductors and allow you to size
them appropriately.
With a Three Phase Panel I suspect you would take the same action up
to the last step where you would divide the total Wattage by system
voltage times 1.73. Total Watts / (voltage * 1.73) = Current
carried by each Phase Conductor.
I understand that is a simplification and does not take Power Factor
into consideration and assumes the panel loads will be evenly
balanced, but is the basic process correct?
Thank you.
Reply to
Knott One
try