electrics (UK)

Can someone clarify this for me please...

1.Cable for electric shower should be 10mm size 2.Cable should be connected directly to the mains fuse box.

I am not doing electrics just routing the cable before I get qualifyed person to do the wiring,as its a hel lof a job just want to make sure I am routing the correct size and to the right location before I start thanks remove niljunk to send e-mail.

Reply to
Yamxs850

In article , yamxs850 @aol.comniljunk says... | Can someone clarify this for me please... | 1.Cable for electric shower should be 10mm size | 2.Cable should be connected directly to the mains fuse box. | | |

It should go from the 'main fuse box' to an isolator fitted local to the shower, then from the isolator to the shower.

10mm should be adequate for most showers, assuming the cable run is a reasonably short one.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Just my .02

A conductor of 10 square mm is just over 3.5mm in diameter.

ARM

Reply to
Alan McClure

if you are going to run it from the 'main fuse box' then it should be connected to an MCB adjacent to the main switch

and ...RCD it somewhere

Reply to
Chris Oates