Benjamin D Miller, PE
www.bmillerengineering.com
Ben Miller wrote:

Amazing, this has to be a first.
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"
RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:

And googling about, there seems to be no publishers retraction of the actual incorrect advice given. Just "several errors in the technical diagrams". What errors? Is someone not going to get zapped because the book now got returned back to the store?
--
Adrian C

Adrian C wrote:

The book is still available from Amazon. I am curious as well as to the error since I have a similar book (another author) perhaps the error is a common mistake.
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

They have the line and load connections reversed on the GFCI installation graphic.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Kind of embarrasing for the "experts" that wrote it. I wonder if the publisher took artistic license with the graphics, although I assume the author has final right of review. I have never written a book, so I could be wrong.
I have written articles in trade magazines, and the author does NOT see the final version. They touch it up and make changes after you review it. In an article on grounding and bonding, the art department decided they didn't like my color scheme. When it published, one diagram had grey grounds and green neutrals! They changed the web version immediately, and published a correction in the next printed issue.
Ben Miller
--
Benjamin D Miller, PE
www.bmillerengineering.com
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Shoot; you would think sending an Errata with a sticker to place over the graphic would have been as effective without recalling the whole book.
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"