Federal Pacific Electric

Some of the older Federal Pacific Electric breakers apparently had "issues", and needed to be replaced for safety.

I can't locate my notes regarding that, and would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me.

Thank you.

Louis

--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to

FPE, fire dangers and not tripping on faults were the biggest problems I faced. I replace ALL FPE breakers below the 400 amp frame. Above that the trip units and frames were made by other manufactures

Reply to
SQLit

Unfortunately many of these links are now dead.

What are 'safer' providers of FPE replacement breakers - or does a full panel replacement rema> Some of the older Federal Pacific Electric breakers apparently had

Reply to
w_tom

The specific breakers in question are the StabLock Residential units.

When you say you replaced them it appears to confirm my suspicions that the issue is breaker related, and not so much with the panel or bus.

What do you replace them with? A newer style FPE Breaker, or a listed replacement breaker from a different manuf.?

Thank you.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

The links worked for me?

Thank you.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

Interesting open-ended non-decisive position taking at the end of the article. :o)

Thank you for the link.