Converting Between Decimal Binary Hex & Octal?

Growing weary of manually converting between the Decimal, Binary, Hex, & Octal number bases I dusted off my old TI-83+ Calculator to see if that ability was included in its bag of tricks. Unless I'm missing something I couldn't discover any such ability. What would be slick is a similar function that's available in the scientific view mode of the calculator in W9x, and XP Systems, but without having to lug around a computer.

What I'm after might require a program to be available with the TI Calculator?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

By a cheap Casio that does the job.

You'll need to check model numbers, the one I use hasn't been made for years.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I don't know about TIs, but several HP models can do that. I have a 48GX that can. I am sure the new 48 and 49 series can also.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Buy an HP. My HP 49g+ does the conversions. It sells for $149 from Walmart on the Internet.

Reply to
Gerald Newton

Try:

click and you can see the JavaSript source Code.

Or try:

an assortment.

Reply to
Gerald Newton

To those that are interested; I found software that did exactly what I desired at ticalc.org under the math program heading.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

HP-16C

Also does bit shifting, masking, bitwise and/or/not/xor and stuff I can't even remember.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.