engineer for hire

Hi all, Sorry if this is not the correct news group for my question.
I have an idea for an invention. How do I go about finding an engineer to design my idea and make a
prototype?
Thanks
John

Do a patent search first... I have done 3 so far. All were patented and one was exactly like what I thought of.... None have been produced for the consumer. A patent search when I did the last one was ~$200.00US. I am sure the cost has gone up since I did the last search.

one
sure
You can do a patent search free on line at the patent office web site