Epoxy

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 22:49:16 -0700, Esther & Fester Bestertester

The silver filled is used to attach IC chip dies to their heat sinks inside the chip package.
It is quite firm... brittle even, and is also conductive.
Requires 4 hr 80 C cure, however.
There are cooler, longer schedules.
Esther & Fester Bestertester wrote:

Can you quantify thos issues?

Perhaps. I suppose you could keep trying stuff until the system appears to work better.

wrote: > > The other thing to consider is the mass of the sensor, the flexibility > > of the adhesive and the resulting natural frequency of the sensor > > assembly. A massive sensor and/or flexible coupling will result in a > > lower frequency and result in attenuation of signals above that point. > > The "flexible coupling" provided by the epoxies I've tried is causing issues. > > It's been suggested that I try silver-filled epoxy and potting compound. > Dental cement was also a suggestion. I'm looking at all of these. > > FBt
Devcon Plastic Welder or Stabilit Express are methacrylates that are much harder and stronger than the hardware store epoxies and cheap enough to try.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/adhesive.htm
http://www.ellsworth.com/plastic_welder.html
GG
Loctite Corp also has a slew of stuff .
wrote: > > The other thing to consider is the mass of the sensor, the flexibility > > of the adhesive and the resulting natural frequency of the sensor > > assembly. A massive sensor and/or flexible coupling will result in a > > lower frequency and result in attenuation of signals above that point. > > The "flexible coupling" provided by the epoxies I've tried is causing issues. > > It's been suggested that I try silver-filled epoxy and potting compound. > Dental cement was also a suggestion. I'm looking at all of these. > > FBt
Devcon Plastic Welder or Stabilit Express are methacrylates that are much harder and stronger than the hardware store epoxies and cheap enough to try.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/adhesive.htm
http://www.ellsworth.com/plastic_welder.html
GG
And the winner is...
Silver conductive epoxy:
<http://mgchemicals.com/products/8331.html
Conductive wasn't a requirement, but it's the toughest in my small battery of tests.
Thanks to all who contributed.
FBt

Do you want access to China's massive pool of electronic manufacturers... but lack the time to contact suppliers, negotiate contracts, arrange shipping or monitor product quality? Don't worry - Let seriouswholesale deal with all that for you.
*Check out the huge range of Gadgets, MP3 / MP4 Players, Car DVD / Audio, and Computer Accessories now by visiting the online wholesale catalog at seriouswholesale. com You'll have peace of mind thanks to the seriouswholesale Quality Control, 12-month Warranty on all products, and easy secure payment by credit card through Paypal.
Selling on eBay or your own online store? Send products direct from our warehouse to your customers using our unique drop-shipping service. You can profit by selling hundreds of different products, without holding any of your own inventory! Any questions you have will be answered by the seriouswholesale English-speaking customer support team... Their aim is to make your China electronics importing business easier to run than ever before.
Welcome to http://www.seriouswholesale.com .
seriouswholesale - Buy from the source, profit without the hassle.
- 12 Months Warranty - No minimum order restrictions - Drop-shipping with no additional fee - Pay by safely by PayPal seriouswholesale Wholesale Co., Ltd.: Chinas original and best online electronics wholesaler & drop-shipper: seriouswholesale. com