ESD prevention

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to prevent ESD in a prototype ruggedized LCD panel. The input supply is positive and negative terminals. All the boards are attached to the back casing. The LCD tab is attached to the back casing as well. I have tried shielding the case with aluminium tape but the LCD is still affected by the discharge. I have attached a wire from the front case to the back case but it stills fail the ESD test. I am currently using 20kV on the prototype unit.

Any ideas?

Cheers Geoff

Reply to
geoffreyW1981

There should be a pane of tempered glass with a conductive coating in front of the panel.

Here is one such provider:

ChairmanOfTheBored