Figuring out RPM of ac motor....please help

Hi,
Is it possible to figure out the rpm of a motor through its voltage and
wattage and such.
I have a pedestal fan motor.......its specs are
230-240V a.c., 50Hz, 50 Watt
From that can you calculate the rpm?
Many thanks,
Tim
Reply to
talk_to_tim_
No
: Hi, : : Is it possible to figure out the rpm of a motor through its voltage and : wattage and such. : : I have a pedestal fan motor.......its specs are : : 230-240V a.c., 50Hz, 50 Watt : : >From that can you calculate the rpm? : : Many thanks, : : Tim :
Reply to
Pop
How accurate do you need? There may be people here who could give you a decent guess. Do you know make/model? Is it just a cheap little motor (or is it from a cheap little fan)? I would guess that cheap motors are 2 poles, and would have a synchronous frequency of 3000rpm, but with slip and crappy build, maybe it operates around 2700rpm? Don't take my word for it though.
Reply to
operator jay
On 1/28/06 4:45 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "talk_to_tim snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote:
It might be possible. Of the zillions of motor types, which one do you have?
Bill
-- Ferme le Bush
Reply to
Salmon Egg
it is an 'A' Breeze'. I picked it up from the dump for 3 dollars.
I had to pull it apart and oil it because it was so stiff it wouldnt start.
Usually.....a brand uses the same motor for all its fans.
Thanks,
TIm
Reply to
TimD