Figuring out RPM of ac motor....please help

Hi,

Is it possible to figure out the rpm of a motor through its voltage and wattage and such.

I have a pedestal fan motor.......its specs are

230-240V a.c., 50Hz, 50 Watt

From that can you calculate the rpm?

Many thanks,

Tim

Reply to
talk_to_tim_

How accurate do you need? There may be people here who could give you a decent guess. Do you know make/model? Is it just a cheap little motor (or is it from a cheap little fan)? I would guess that cheap motors are 2 poles, and would have a synchronous frequency of 3000rpm, but with slip and crappy build, maybe it operates around 2700rpm? Don't take my word for it though.

Reply to
operator jay

It might be possible. Of the zillions of motor types, which one do you have?

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

it is an 'A' Breeze'. I picked it up from the dump for 3 dollars.

I had to pull it apart and oil it because it was so stiff it wouldnt start.

Usually.....a brand uses the same motor for all its fans.

Thanks,

TIm

Reply to
TimD