Flatbed printer mod

I have built a flatbed printer from an old Epson Stylus 640 but need to fool the printer into thinking there is paper in, when the drive stepper is disabled
I have tried timing relays but can't get it right. Does any clever person know how I do this. Maybe some way of resetting the control chip
I have a good knowledge of electronics but can't find the relevant info.
This would be a great project if it were possible. DH
news.virgin.net wrote:

Ask on the forum at this site, <http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml or maybe email the SSC utility software authors.
-- Adrian C