Frequency converter question ?

Hello,

Can someone please advise as to the best company one would buy a frequency - voltage converter to run my USA audio gear in Europe ? I've heard of Major Power, Falcon among others but I need to deal with a reliable company which makes a good product. I do have a budget of about $500. I'm pretty sure the gear I have (all DC), more importantly the large internal power supplies, can withstand the slight amount of heat buildup when using on 50 hz and just using a step down voltage transformer but IDEALLY I'd like to change hz as well. Any inexpensive but good frequency converters that you may recommend ? Thank you.

Daniel

Reply to
DL

DL schrieb:

Hello,

you should take a look into the specs of each unit, do they really need

60 Hz, or do they accept 50 and 60 Hz?

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

I agree. Much of the motivation appears to be Hi Fi nuttiness.

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

will work fine on 50hz with the right voltage, only trouble 'could' be record decks & cassette players.

btw, would be a step up transformer you would need, not a step down.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick