Fuse box...

Of a Hyundai Atos Prime? I'm looking for the (possibly burnt) fuse for the reverse lights. The fuse box has a couple dozen fuses with cryptic acronyms
like HHGT or whatever, I don't want to remove all fuses and I can't see which one is toast....
--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

These things usually have uninsulated test points on top of the fuse. Put the car in reverse (ign on, engine off) and check across the fuses with a meter. The one that measures 12v is bad.
There is probably a fuse map in the operators book tho.

Thanks a lot for both answers! While I am accustomed to repair "Starkstrom" as germans say, also electrical installations, not so much with cars, although I changed the car radio myself.
--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:

You might want to post this question on rec.autos.tech
There may be more then one fuse box.