Generator advice please

Hi guys,
Can anyone help me out with some advice on Outside power supplies from
Generators and safety?
I am in the UK and the production electrician for an outdoors summer theatre
event lasting a week.(next week fit-up)
We are totally away from buildings in 2 fields and are using 2 generators at
19kva and 138kva (both 3 phase) to supply both general power an stage
lighting/sound power also. I am a qualified electrician but never done and
outside work or temporary installations before.
What do i need to do to make the earthing safe on the supplies? I assume
maybe that the gennys come with earth spikes to fit or something? Also as
some of the distrubution is cabled at 70m to lighting towers and trusses, do
i then need to earth towers with pikes etc? All the disro boxes are rcd'ed
and shunt-boxes.
Sadly my boss not being an electrician is being too laid back on this and is
worrying me (i quote "ah just put a 4mm earth onto a few things!) and i need
to know what is needed in terms of safety and regulations to make it all
safe and legal! We dont have a loop tester at work either, so i cant check
that sadly.
Would really appriecate some advise here please? And any other advise with
saftey outdoors you feel i should know would be good, with exposed lighting
etc..
Many thanks
Lee
Chief Electrician