Generator advice please

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out with some advice on Outside power supplies from Generators and safety? I am in the UK and the production electrician for an outdoors summer theatre event lasting a week.(next week fit-up) We are totally away from buildings in 2 fields and are using 2 generators at

19kva and 138kva (both 3 phase) to supply both general power an stage lighting/sound power also. I am a qualified electrician but never done and outside work or temporary installations before.

What do i need to do to make the earthing safe on the supplies? I assume maybe that the gennys come with earth spikes to fit or something? Also as some of the distrubution is cabled at 70m to lighting towers and trusses, do i then need to earth towers with pikes etc? All the disro boxes are rcd'ed and shunt-boxes. Sadly my boss not being an electrician is being too laid back on this and is worrying me (i quote "ah just put a 4mm earth onto a few things!) and i need to know what is needed in terms of safety and regulations to make it all safe and legal! We dont have a loop tester at work either, so i cant check that sadly.

Would really appriecate some advise here please? And any other advise with saftey outdoors you feel i should know would be good, with exposed lighting etc..

Many thanks

Lee Chief Electrician snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

Reply to
Professor