High voltage arc gap design

Channel 37 is reserved for the alien invasion forces communications network.

They learned their lesson after the Independence Day fiasco. That's when they tried to piggyback their signals on our satellite system. Jeff Goldblum managed to intercept and hack their command and control infrastructure.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

[snip]

Only a couple of days. All that was seriously damaged were the lightning arresters.

I'm sure they had to re-paint the scorched spots when the portable unit was taken off line.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

They had an a*hole for division superintendent. When we, the supervisors, took turns being on call to dispatch crews for after hours emergencies, he had a habit of trying to persuade us to skip things like sending them out to work along roadways with proper traffic control, flaggers, etc.

One day, when I was on duty, I had to call a crew to repair a pole along a busy highway. It was a nice Saturday afternoon. When I had trouble locating a couple of people to do the flagging, I got a call from the superintendent "suggesting" that I send them out as is. I told him that I wasn't going to take responsibility for doing so and I would continue to try and find the proper personnel.

A few days later, my boss informed me that I had made a "career limiting" move.

Meanwhile, word had gotten back to the linemen. They nearly had a wildcat strike over that event. But I always got along with them, since they figured I'd stand up for them.

About 6 months later, a similar situation arose. The guy on duty caved in to pressure and sent the crew out without flaggers. A drunk ran his pickup truck into the back of our line truck, killing two and crippling one of our employees.

What had been my eventual termination (when a convenient excuse arose) was immediately converted into a very well funded retirement. They didn't want me around when the state Dept. of Labor and Industries came around to do an investigation. Financially, I've never needed to work another day in my life.

I did get a chance to tell my story to a state inspector after all. They aren't so stupid that they forget to look up past employees. As a result of the investigation, the utility's state insurance rates were jacked up so high, they effectively became unable to field their own maintenance and construction crews. Its all contracted out now. Thanks to that (and some other screw-ups), they have been bleeding money for years. They are now being taken over by a private investment group. They have been promised by the investors that their management will remain in place.

By a strange coincidence, having come into a large sum of money years ago, I have invested in numerous private funds. My contacts at one of my funds inform me that there will be quite a butt-reaming once ownership changes hands.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Sorry guys, but that is just more misinformation being spread by the alien's pre-invasion force. They control almost all the Sci-Fi publishers, and 95% of Hollywood. The real channel is 42, and NTSC. It's the aliens who are behind the forced conversion to DTV, so no useable TV set will see their signals. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I wonder why, when they had that captured alien in the cage, and the guy asks, "What do you want us to do", and the alien says, "We want you to die!", the guy didn't ask, "Why?"

Maybe they were emulating CheneyBush and the Ayrabs: "They want us all to die!"

Has anybody asked them "Why?" Could it be because they think we want them all dead, because of the CheneyBush actions?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertarian

Muslims have stated over and over that there are 3 choices: convert, pay infidel tax, or die. There is a really good chance they actually mean it.. Eric

Reply to
Eric

In 1945, the FCC decided to move the 42-50 Mcs Original FM Radio Band to

88-106 Mcs (later 88-108 MHz).

Because FM broadcasting would be vacating 42-50 Mcs, TV Channel 1 was moved down to 44-50 Mcs in the old FM band. The TV & FM Radio Allocations which went into effect on February 25, 1946 (mybd), were as follows: .

New FM radio band: 88-106 Mcs

Channel 1 44 - 50 Mcs Channel 2 54-60 Mcs Channel 3 60-66 Mcs Channel 4 66-72 Mcs Channel 5 76-82 Mcs Channel 6 82-88 Mcs Channels 7-13 as presently assigned

Although several television stations were scheduled to move to to the new Channel 1, no TV stations ever broadcast on 44 - 50 Mcs.

It could not be used immediately because it was necessary for all existing FM stations to move out of the 42-50 Mcs spectrum to the 88-106 Mcs FM Band.

When all the FM stations finally did move, the FCC decided to re-allocate 44 - 50 Mcs to other services. Thus, Channel 1 disappeared.

There was no renumbering of the remaining channels.

Reply to
VWWall

...that is a rather HIGH voltage arc gap...

Reply to
Robert Baer