High Voltage From Wall Plug

I am in Canada. I bought a Battery Backup for my computer and plugged it in. It won't charge because the input voltage is too high. It will
only allow me to compensate for voltages lower than 143 buuut the UPC software reports the voltage at a pretty constant 150V.
I am planning on calling the power company tomorrow. Is this (150V) dangerous at all ??
----------------------------
remove the X to answer
I've been here so long, I don't know, doesn't everybody pick up a case of lightbulbs on a Friday night? lol
It never occurred to me that it could be the UPS. I am sure electronics aren't going prematurely. I have so much electronic crap, when I stop to think about it, and nothing has blown up. All my lights are the new efficient ones and I can't even remember replacing one yet. I am going to take your advise and pick up a voltmeter tomorrow.
Thanx for your help Don.
Randy wrote:

Something that nobody else has mentioned, so I'll ask.
Do you have any outlets where the voltage is too low?? If some lights are bright and other rooms the lights are dim, you could have a loose neutral problem. That may be insider your house and not the power company's fault.
Check the voltage on several outlets in several different rooms, if they are *all* high, then call the power company. If some are high and others are low, you may need an electrician instead.
daestrom
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:38:25 -0400, "daestrom"

Excellent, proper, and complete diagnosis.