electrical fan wall plug (remove)

first of all thank god! I finally found a REAL electrical help. my problem: ceiling above the stove a fan was installed, now it doesn't work, that's not the problem. the plug wire connection runs down the wall to a flip switch, than it (the plug wire thing) is connected inside of a wall plug. i want to throw that piece of crap away.

amI doing this correctly?

1 turn off the fuse that is suppling energy to that wall plug. 2 double check step # 1 3 remove plastic thing-ie 4 carefully undo the connecting fan wire 5 and put back plastic cover, turn on fuse and that's it, right? if i am missing anything please tell me, i appreciate all and any help. i look forward to your advice, and comments, thank you
Reply to
Brown Sugar