jr x-388s backup error

Hi, I have a 10 years old jr x-388s transmitter. Few days ago it displays a backup error when I switch it on. So I replaced the internal lithium
battery with a cr2032 lithium battery (almost the same that my transmitter has inside).All OK, the transmitter switches on with out any error message, but when I switch on AFTER FOUR DAYS, I see again the "backup error" message, I switch off, then switch on with out "backup error" but it has reset all memory entries. The transmitter works fine but when I store it for a few days without using it, then when I switch it on, it displays for one time the "backup error" and when I switch it on again it works but with no model data stored in its memory. Can anyone tell me what happens ???
Thank you.
On Sun, 16 May 2010 18:42:42 +0300, Kosmas Anastasiadis

Hi
I can't help you with the problem, but my JR X-347 did exactly the same thing last year.
I assumed at the time that I had somehow not installed the new battery correctly, but it now looks as though it could be a fundamental "problem" when replacing batteries in the X-3.. series of transmitters and would also be interested to hear the answer as my other JR Transmitter (an X-388) now needs the battery replacing.
Regards
KGB
Hi, It may be late but I've just replaced the battery in my X388S with a battery holder and it works well, even with a used CR2032. May I suggest you checked the voltage of your battery as I think it's the only possibility of trouble.
Tchao
--
davx
Bonjour,