I haven't been posting much because I've been flying control line a lot, and holding the conversation over at stunthanger.com. I had crashed the Nobler Wednesday, so yesterday was RC and half-A control line.
Nice day yesterday. I'm working on a 1/10th scale Laird Solution, and finally got it all sorted out -- oh joy! I had to enlarge the fin over the already-enlarged fin that I had (Jimmy Doolittle complained about yaw stability on the original). I was despairing because even with the larger fin the plane was still twitchy in the air and had trouble climbing.
Then I put on a higher pitch prop and the thing came alive! Then I put on a bigger, even _higher_ pitch prop and it came aliver! I'm not sure what it is about that airframe, but the original was a 21-foot wingspan biplane with a 400 horsepower engine, and both of the ones that I've built just don't work right unless they're overpowered.
Man, that is one fun plane.
Now I need to check current with that monster prop, to make sure I'm not overtaxing the motor or battery.