The BIG one - I've been shot

Regular readers will remember that I promised you all a BIG one.

At last I've managed to sum up the courage to publish this photo. Some say you will need a sick bag to view this one - and they are just the kind ones! Here it is

Having asked you to send in your various captions after I've posted photos of our members (and visitors) I must now stand in the firing line myself. So this is the next 'caption competition'.

I know I probably don't have to tell you that you can be a rude as you like. I'll publish the ones that are suitable for general consumption with the final one being posted to the site. This time the decision is

*mine*

P.S. Don't forget that Broke Brick Mountain and The Ashley, Danville and Deanstown layouts are at Firle Village hall, East Sussex on Monday 25th August (which just happens to be my birthday!!)

Reply to
Mike Hughes

Who the f*ck are you and what has this crap to do with transport?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well it's a moving picture - in some ways.

Reply to
®i©ardo

More than that, he's a taxi driver licensed for London and Brighton, and lives in Tarring, West Sussex, England

Not many people can say that.

Reply to
Paul Weaver

"Steve Firth"

Nice language Steve. Was it necessary?

-- Cheers Roger T. See the GER at: -

Roger T.

Oh, probably about as necessary as your attempt to play net-nanny.

Reply to
Twibil

Oh, probably about as necessary as your attempt to play net-nanny.

This is a group about ........................... Oh, never mind, there's morons and people who can't express themselves without the use of profanity everywhere. Why not here?

This group as gone down hill anyway.

-- Cheers Roger T. See the GER at: -

Roger T.

"Roger T." wrote

Well, it's dropped its aitches. ;-)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Masson

Mike is a taxi driver k*****ad ! i think thats transport isnt it?

Mike, is the kettle boiled much these days?

Reply to
Alex Barrow

I think this has arisen because the OP posted not only to the model rail groups, where I assume he is a regular, but also to uk.railway and uk.transport.

Reply to
BrianW

Well, he is a taxi driver, so it is more nearly on topic in uk.transport than most of Doug's posts.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Having experienced similar comments & remarks about some of my posts on other groups & forums I was in two minds about getting involved in this but :-

1) Mike, I am sure, does not need me or anyone else to fight his corner for him

2) If you don't like Mike and / or his posts why read them ? He is however a regular contributor to the group.

3) To me Mikes posts and his website take a slightly different slant on the 'normal' model rail site. Different in a good way.

4) His posts are a bit of harmless fun .... the man has a sense of humour ..... not to some peoples liking but !

5) Do the people think for one moment their use of profanity will stop Mike posting in the future ?

Chris

PS Happy 21st Birthday for the 25th Mike :-)

Reply to
Dragon Heart

How do I turn this bloody thing off?

Wow, look at this weird train.

Reply to
Crest Hill, Illinois

Indeed, two separate groups. You're in the first one.

I'll stand on the side of D H Lawrence, James Joyce and Shakespeare. You can line up with Enid Blyton and your intellectual peers.

ObScenity: Fuck.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No he's not. Never seen him before. Nor you either.

Reply to
Steve Firth

"After a mix up with sugar while making the tea, Mike is only allowed remote access to the layout from a safe distance for his own protection."

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

And you REALLY believe you'll be remembered in 100 years time ? I think it's the context that matters, rather than just inserting them randomly to try and create an impression of butchness..

Reply to
Andy Cap

I don't give a f*ck.

Of course naming yourself after a drunken wifebeater isn't an attempt to create an impression of "butchness" is it?

Reply to
Steve Firth

He can't be the brightest of people though if he thinks that his pictures are going to draw anything but profanity when he cross posts to uk.transport.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Robertson

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:31:38 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) instead replied:

Say, you're really not enjoying this, are you?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad