The BIG one - I've been shot

Thought up that all by yourself did you?
Oh no, it's just another net wannabee armed with a dictionary of quotations.
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:37:25 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) instead replied:

And you believe your own reply was original? At least I paraphrased.
Look it up. -- Ray

What an intellectual giant you are.

I don't need to.
Go pull another unoriginal mumbling of something you barely understand in order to confirm your status as a dullard. It's Saturday and I like a laugh at the weekend.
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:57:44 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) instead replied:

Let's see. All this from a guy who can't see that the headers of this thread are all in Railroad related newsgroups. Are you really so stupid as to take on folk in another newsgroup just for sport and not expect to become someone's chewtoy? Seriously, mate? -- Ray

That statement made by someone too stupid to realise that I had already pointed out that I was seeing responses from children who still play with toy trains.

You think this lame blubbering makes you look like something other than a complete fuckwit, "mate"? Anyway, you antipodean arsewit your girlfriend is calling. "Baaa Baaa Baaa."
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 21:06:52 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) instead replied:

You got lucky this time, mate. I've been advised by powers greater than yourself to leave my chewtoy (that would be you, mate) alone and allow the newsgroups to return to normal. And here I was, having so much fun toying with the likes of you.
Now go on back to your SUV. You know. That thing you have to drive to make up for all of your other inadequacies. You know. That big, powerful vroom-vroom machine that takes the place of your missing manhood, missing family jewels and any gray matter that you have left from sniffing gasoline.
We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming. -- Ray

Translation: "Wickle Way is Wunnin Away"
Run away, Run away!
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 13:14:06 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) instead replied:

Still here, watching you spin and spin and spin and spin . . . -- Ray

Keep on watching sheepboy.
Ray Haddad wrote:

Didn't you get warned off once? Why dont you naff off back to your trainset?
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:33:29 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Who said I'd take the advice forever? Is your world so static? Oh, dear. Go back to being an aggressive fool on the UK motorways. -- Ray

I always thought that the phrase "Twisting slowly, slowly in the wind." had a certain picturesque ring to it.....and it certainly seems fitting in this case.
Anybody got a gibbet?
-Pete

Gibbet's don't "twist slowly in the wind" since they tend to be attached by a short series of links to the gibbet post. They may sway in the wind, but twisting is a degree of freedom denied to them.
I though you were a genius, fucktrousers? Yet every time you open your gob to declaim, you end up inserting your foot in the orifice. Does that explain why your voice is muffled when you sit down?
On Aug 26, 2:27am, % snipped-for-privacy@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) wrote:

"Oh, baby, you are *so* talented! And they are *SO* dumb!"
-Cleavon Little to himself in "Blazing Saddles".
(Hint: When you fail to understand what commonly hangs from a gibbet and "twists slowly in the wind" -and then try to make fun of another poster because *you* didn't understand the allusion- you aren't making *him* look bad.)

Well, I can spell "thought".

Poor sad little jealous Brit. Your eglatatian idea that anyone who dares to stand above the crowd should be cut down to size is one that doesn't fly here in the States: ask any of the hundreds of thousands of talented folks from Britain who emigrated over here, where we admire and reward those who are well above average, and don't put up with bullshit like class limitations on how far you're allowed to rise in society or on the pay-scale. (And those Brits have almost universally done quite well here, thank you.)
The fact that your social, political, and taxation systems have chased *huge* numbers of your best and brightest to other lands where they can acheive their potential without limits -provided only that they're willing to work hard- largely accounts for the position you now find yourselves in: I.E. a country that doesn't work very well since most of it's smart folks left.
So rave on, little man. Nobody with more than three functioning neurons cares what you think or say, and unless you can come up with something a lot more sensible -or even just plain more entertaining- than you have so far, I doubt I'll even bother to read your posts.

Other than gibbets is there anything else you don't understand? Have you actually seen a gibbet or a gibbet post?
Perhaps you should learn the difference between a gibbet and the gallows.
[snip painfully childish typographical error flame and several pages of self-congratulatory waffle]
Perhaps the originator of this thread could be persuaded to avoid cross-posting, especially to uk.transport?
Charlie
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:24:12 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Why? Trains in the UK aren't considered transport? When did that happen? -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Not by some of the foul-spoken people who post in uk.transport they aren't, no.
Charlie
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 18:40:11 +0100, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Clearly. What are they to them? Are they so arrogant that only SUVs and convertibles count as transport? Oh, wait. They're hung up on those little red double decker buses. Right? -- Ray
instead replied:

You were correct the first time, only SUVs and the ilk (especially to trolls like Firth), the problem is the original post wasn't about real trains but models so it's probably even off topic for the uk.railway group never mind uk.transport...
FUS
--
Wikipedia: the Internet equivalent of
Hyde Park and 'speakers corner'...