Model Railroaders raise money for Gambia Nursery School Charity

Here's something serious for you this time.
South Shore Model Railroad Club member Charlie Fox-Wilson exhibited his Broke Brick Mountain G scale railroad at Firle, East Sussex on Bank
Holiday Monday August 25. (most recent photos at http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p52854671.htm )
Initial reports suggest that there were over 280 people attending the mini exhibition. Entry fees of 50p plus various other fund raising activities have raised a little over 250 for The Gambia Reality, a registered charity which provides Nursery School places for children aged 2 to 7 years. Details of the charity can be found here http://www.thegambiareality.com/index.html
Charlie was joined at the exhibition by fellow South Shore member Cliff South making the first public appearance of his HO scale Ashley Danville and Deanstown [1] layout. (photos start at http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p51793380.html )
Charlie has asked me to publicly thank everyone who helped at, or attended the show.
I will prepare a full report in the next couple of days giving fuller details but I'd like to be the first to congratulate Charlie and Cliff on helping to raise money for this charity. Well done both of you.
[1] For those interested in seeing the AD&D this will be shown at the Seeboard Southern Railroad show on 20 September at Horsham. South Shore's Lee Wenham will also be there with his 'Needles' N scale layout. Full details later.
--
Mike Hughes