Moors Valley show and 'caption competition'

Just a reminder that South Shore Chairman Nick Whitmarsh-Everiss's HO scale Western Tidewater will be at Moors Valley this weekend (July 5/6).

Nick can be seen on my fotopic site at

though he's hiding his face in this photo I'm sure you'll recognise him. Just go up to hiom and say that you've seen his photo - that should really please him :-))

There's still the caption 'competition' running for this photo. Here are some of the cleaner one's I've received. Can you do better?

"....ninety-seven, ninety-eight, ninety-nine, one hundred....coming, ready or not"

"Who said you cannot get ahead by lying on your back?"

"You REPAINTED your MicroTrains "State" cars to PRR colors?!?!"

"They're coming back WHEN?"

"What do you mean Bevis has sold all his railroad models and gone over to US Z gauge??!!!!"

"For crying out loud, put you shirt BACK ON"

"I don't ask for much really, but look what I get - sob!"

"NO! NO! Not another manufacturer producing a F unit"

"Are you saying Bevis has won a free flight across the pond"

"what b*%$**d hid my harpoon just when I needed it".

"Mike's published WHAT?"

"I knew he'd go and put Lichen Trees on the new layout"

"Get it over quickly, I don't want to see it coming"

"NO, Albus!! You *CAN'T* run your 'Hogwart's Express' on an American wild west layout!"

" . . . 28, 29, 30! Ready or not, here I come!"

DON'T FORGET: South Shore's exhibition is 21 March 2009. We have A4 leaflets available advertising this. Please take some and help us to advertise the show.

Reply to
Mike Hughes

"I missed a rivet from the tender? I'll never be allowed on the 7mm group again...."

Cheer Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

In message , Mike Hughes writes

Final reminder.

This caption 'competition' will end at 12 noon on Monday 7th July. Have your moment of glory.

Your prize? A FREE go on Lynneton Yard at the South Shore exhibition on

21 March 2009. The only downside is that your efforts may well be recorded and become the subject of another 'caption competition'. If you're up for a laugh then join in the fun. I'll even pay the admission fee at the exhibition for you so what have you got to lose?

South Shore members not eligible but you may get a separate mention if your entry is deemed good enough.

Please note the organiser's decision is final and your entry confirms that you agree to my terms :-)))))))

Reply to
Mike Hughes

In hindsight perhaps Nick should not have got his nose so close to the new live catenary

OR

300 man-hours smashed on the floor

OR

Nick was now regretting checking the lights on Mike's new Tim (The Tool Man) Taylor's brand loco

Chris

Er what WAS he doing Mike ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

In message , Dragon Heart writes

He was jokingly (at least I think he was joking) showing his frustration with some of the South Shore members who appeared to be unable to understand him. It was all very good natured.

I'll be posting the best caption after Nick and I have agreed which we consider the best.

In the meantime you might be interested in seeing some more photos I took recently.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Although not yet officially in our new meeting hall at Sompting, last Wednesday (2 July) South Shore Railroad Club held it's first meeting at the hall which will become our regular Wednesday meeting place (except

2nd Wednesday of each month).

Cliff South brought along his Ashley, Danville and Deanstown (AD&D) layout. At his request I took photos, some of which I've published on my site starting at

I'm also pleased to inform you that Cliff's own fotopic site is now live. There are more photos of the AD&D on his site which can be found at
photos were taken previously but the majority (49 of them with more to follow!) were taken last week. I hope that I've managed to capture just a little of the detail that Cliff has put into this model, which I am sure will soon be asked to several exhibitions.

Enjoy the photos..

WARNING: There will be some black and white photos added to my site very soon. These may be disturbing to those of a nervous disposition. If you are nervous you are advised not to look. Those of you with stronger stomachs will be advised when the photos have been added. :-)

Why not bookmark the site at

Mike Hughes