Who will blink first ?

With the current downturn in the economy and slowdown in deliveries from China, does the team think both companies will continue with the standard class 4 ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Last evening I found myself contemplating exactly that as I watched my lastest electronic gizmo go up in a cloud of acrid smoke.

Regards

Peter A

Reply to
Sailor

"simon" wrote

I guess there's little chance of a good answer to your question as neither will want to lose face, and suspect that whichever company is furthest with development will be the winners.

Personally I'd much prefer the 75xxx to have a Bachmann badge on its box, mainly so it would retain the family similarities with my other Standards, but if Hornby win the race then I'd probably do without. That's not to suggest that Hornby won't make a good job of the model.

Now all I need is for Bachmann to fix their errant model of 80118 as that is one loco I really wanted for my collection. I remember the prototype well from my school days (long memory) as it was one of the 4MTs which regularly worked into & out of Leeds City station in the early 1960s.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I'd prefer Bachmann as well cos probably wont get one. Then Hornby can come out with an unrebuilt Scot instead. That would be nice and is well overdue.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 00:11:31 -0700 (PDT), Sailor said in :

Never let the magic smoke out, it's what makes the thing work.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?