New photos including British as well as American model trains

South Shore Model Railroad club officially moved to its new weekly meeting place at Sompting on Wednesday 30th July.
As this was the last Wednesday of the month we held a 'running' session.
with several locos running on improvised set tracks. Ron Gager not only brought his American stock to run, but also one board of his British layout. I managed to get photos which are on my fotopic site at http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p52502988.html
There are also photos of Charlie and Syd's G scale models, Bevis's N scale ABA unit and we even have photos of some of our members 'working'!!.
I took Lynneton Yard along and have taken some more photos of this which will be uploaded in the very near future (I tried last night but for some reason I couldn't get an FTP upload so I'll try again later). These have a picture of a 'visitor' who was seen solving a shunting puzzle.
It has been suggested that as our visitor was so good at solving the puzzle he may really be an alien from area 51 who has come to check out Cliff South in view of the publicity his photos has received at http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p51819376.html
Watch out for the 'alien' photo coming this way soon. Who knows there may even be another caption 'competition' for this one :-))
In the meantime enjoy this first lot.
--
Mike Hughes

Shame about the spelling error on the Moira cola wagon. Someone needs to look up how to spell Ashby de la Zouch. http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p52502975.html
wrote: Shame about the spelling error on the Moira cola wagon. Someone needs to look up how to spell Ashby de la Zouch. http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p52502975.html
If you mean the 'e' on the Zouche then thats the old spelling - as used by Walter Scott in 1907. The only pictures I can find, with Ashby as the address, show the later style of Moira wagon - about 1915 - which doesnt have the 'e'.
In fact can only find 2 photos although they appear in several books.
cheers, Simon
Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as JP
So that's how they used to move coke? I'd always assumed it went in ventilated vans.
:-)
Interesting pictures, nice layout, and new clubroom.
--
- DJ Pyromancer, Black Sheep, Leeds. <http://www.sheepish.net

Broadband, Dialup, Domains = <http://www.wytches.net = The UK's Pagan ISP!
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 02:26:40 +0100, Pyromancer wrote:

Very often these days it goes in dark stuffy (stuffed?) places inside "mules".
--
Steve

Might be a joke.
My neighbor owns a small sailboat named "Spelling Chump".
-Pete