Some real rail pictures as well as some model ones

Actually, they were taken of part of my trip on the hi rail showing just how quickly a broken fishplate can be fixed.
As fotopic is set to show the latest first, it's best to start here
http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p59893683.html and then go to the previous pic so that you get them all in the sequence they were taken.
I've also added another 10 photos of Edmonton which can be seen at http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p59889395.html Again these 10 are shown in reverse order. I'll add captions when I get them.
Enjoy
--
Mike Hughes
Marketing Co-ordinator NMRA British Region

I have a Canon 400D camera which came with a 17-55 lens. This is all that I used on my first use of this camera in 2007. The results can be seen at the beginning of my 'real' photos. I have added a UV filter and lens hood to this lens. This has improved the quality.
The main improvement I've made personally is that I'm learning more about post production before posting pics
I have also recently added a 100-499 telephoto lens. That really brings thing into close up. I'll be posting some of the results on my fotopic site soon,
Hope this helps answer your question
--
Mike Hughes
Marketing Co-ordinator NMRA British Region
Hi,
Mike Hughes wrote:

The Canon EOS 400D is what I found as a subtitle ;-) So you got the better of Canon's kit lenses. Mind, the other one is not bad, but the 17-55 is better ;-) It's a good choice and quite versatile.

You bet. That reminds me, I've still got to get the UV filter for my latest lens (the Tamron 17-50). And I've got to figure out how to fix my tripod - the head I have doesn't hold the camera...

Which is almost as important as taking the pictures themselves ;-) Although I limit myself mostly to minor post-processing steps ;-) Have you tried "raw-therapee"? It's the best raw-converter I found and the Canon one does not work with Linux...

You know this is a crop camera and you have to multiply the values on the lens with 1.6? That's a loooonnnng lens for sure - and probably saves you from ever visiting another fitness studio ;-)
Keep on taking so good pictures!
Ciao...
.

Actually the tripod was my first purchase after the camera and UV filter. That has proved to be the best 'extra' as it makes taking pictures using the Av function easier and *really* increases the depth of field.

I bought that from my half brother (at around half price!). He has a macro lens that I'm seriously thinking of buying, but I have to save up a bit for that.

There's a lot more to be processed and added. The next lot will be more model pictures from Edmonton - I took loads and the best is yet to come!
--
Mike Hughes