Not UK but American models

... Have a look at my fotopic site http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net /
There are photos of my trip to Canada last year and also model photos of
South Shore Model Railroad Club on the site. If any modellers are in the Worthing or Sompting area on a Wednesday evening and want to pay us a visit you'll be welcome. e-mail me or look at details on www.southshore.org.uk
Enjoy
--
Mike Hughes
Mike Hughes wrote:

Interesting pics. Nice modelling.
One small nit: that wooden truss bridge on eth Broke Brick Mountain layout would fall down in real life. The top and bottom chords of a wooden truss must compress the vertical and diagonal members between them. This is achieved by using threaded wrought iron rods supported by iron plates (large washers, really), which are tightened up to supply the compression.
Google Wood Howe Truss for more information.
HTH
--
wolf k.

I've uploaded 22 more pictures of Broke Brick Mountain. These can be seen starting at http://mikehughes627.fotopic.net/p51453737.html
Charlie fox-Wilson has already made some changes ready to make the layout even larger that it already is. The latest photos record the work that he's done so far. You will have to be quick to see them as Charlie tells me there will be even more to be photographed in about 4 weeks time as he expects to have the extension built by then.
Anyone near the village hall at Firle East Sussex on Monday 25 August can get a view of this layout and South Shore Model Railroad Club member Cliff South's Ashley, Danville and Deanstown Railroad (AD&D). They are raising money for a charity which helps provide teaching facilities in rural Gambia. I will post a reminder with further info nearer the date.
Failing this both layouts will be at South Shore Railroad Club's show on 21 March 2009 at Boundstone College, Sompting, West Susses. Details from the web site www.southshore.org.uk. Make a note in your diary to come and say hello.
It seems that I've become the club's amateur, unpaid, unofficial, untrained photographer as Cliff has already asked me to take photos of the updated AD&D for posting to my fotopic site. I can only post a limited representation of the layouts so both Charlie and Cliff have told me that they will be setting up their own fotopic sites some time soon where we can post a fuller range of photos for your viewing pleasure. I'll post the url's when we get them (about 2-3 weeks).
In the meantime enjoy the photos.
--
Mike Hughes