1965 photo of model and builder

I've added two new photos to my South Shore collection stating at

WARNING: These photos may contain images of a disturbing nature due to their content. Those of a nervous disposition may prefer to look elsewhere :-)

Just thought someone might like to see what one of (UK's) South Shore Railroad club looked like in 1965 :-))

Reply to
Mike Hughes

--------------------------------

Great! Thanks for sharing.

History of N Scale:
's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

Dreadful, dreadful... how *could* you post that?

Yeah, long ago, in a galaxy *very* far away.

mark

Reply to
mark

Actually, we've since discovered that the actual photos were taken in February 1968 when Cliff and his V&T layout were featured in his company internal newspaper.

I've been sent another photo (of the model railway only this time) which I'll put up at the beginning of next week. Look out for it

Reply to
Mike Hughes

In message , Mike Hughes writes

Cliff threatened 'legal' action (I think he meant he was going to send the boys in) if I didn't publish this photo

We've now established that this one and the two previous black and white ones were taken in February 1968 and used in an in-house magazine for the company that Cliff was working for.

I make that just over 40 years of modelling. You'd think by now he'd be getting better at it

If you really want to see how well he can model put a note in your diary to go to Firle, East Sussex on 25 Aug where you can also see Broke Brick Mountain. I will post more about this next week.

There may also be another announcement about an opportunity to view the AD&D, but I have yet to have confirmation of the information I have been given before I can let you all know.

Watch this space and in the meantime enjoy the added photo.

Reply to
Mike Hughes

Are the doors on that 'thunder box' blast proof ?

Dragon Heart

So Cliff was into 'bling' even in 1965 !

... hair needs an oil change though !

Chris ;-))))

Reply to
Dragon Heart

In message , Dragon Heart writes

If you've ever seen what some of our members eat then they certainly need to be :-)

Explanation: Our present meeting room is the Labour Hall at Worthing. This is directly opposite a small parade of shops which has a Chinese and an Indian takeaway next to each other. As some of our members (particularly the single ones) come straight from work they often get their evening meal from one or the other.

The 'bad' (or is it really good) news is that when we move full time to our new site at Sompting the nearest takeaway is a chippie which does require a short drive (or long walk) so a specific journey has to be made to get food, although I suspect that there may well be a diversion made before getting to the club!

BTW if any of you are in the area on a Wednesday let me know and I know you will be welcome there. With enough notice I could bring Lynneton Yard and may be able to get someone else to bring something for you to see.

Reply to
Mike Hughes

Are you being slashdotted on a Saturday evening? It's been "connecting" for five minutes, and still nothing.

mark

Reply to
mark

On 7/12/2008 7:05 PM mark spake thus:

Same thing here. Timed out.

Ah, the Internet tubes are mysterious affairs ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

In message , David Nebenzahl writes

No trouble getting at 13:50 on Sunday. I have noticed that every so often the connection to the general fotopic site gets very slow or even stops. I can only think that at certain times they are getting slightly overloaded but I'm not a techie so what do I know?

BTW it's interesting to see just how many times some of these photos have been viewed, although it does seem that pictures of people seem to be getting more hits than just the model railroad ones!!

Keep looking in.

should have some more information (especially about the AD&D!) for you soon.

Reply to
Mike Hughes

Just fine around 20:00 CDT on Sunday eve.,

mark

Reply to
mark