Hornby 2634X

Hello

I bought the rebuilt Patriot recently. When I eventually tested the loco I found some bits adjacent to the track. My son [30 years old] insisted that these bits were extras and not origionally fitted.

Can anyone confirm if the cab doors and handrails are factory fitted or supplied in a bag in the cab roof?

Also, are the cab doors open, closed, or half way?

What other bits are supplied for user fitting? I can't find a checklist.

Thanks in advance, Gordon

Reply to
selfgk

selfgk said the following on 28/06/2008 09:57:

I can't confirm in the case of your specific loco, but it is quite common for there to be various bits and pieces to be supplied loose for fitting by the end user. These are typically the sort of parts that may impede secure packing (like handrails), or bits that the buyer may not be able to use depending on tightness of curves, or whether they want couplings fitted at both ends or whatever. I could imagine cab doors being supplied loose because locos are often packed with material against the end of the cab side sheets - doors and handrails would prevent that.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

In this case cab doors are factory fitted (and with the Scot), dont seem that flimsy either - may i ask where you bought it from ?

Its all new packaging now - very swish and effective. To which handrails are you refering ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon