JR X-378 probem!

I own the above radio and from the very beginning the chanels are messed up.I mean that for example if I plug in the throttle servo in the receiver where "THR" is written then this servo is not recognised as by the radio as throutle but as aileron.I don't care plug it in the other slot but the thing is that the D/R and mixing functions will all work wrong.I turn the aileron D/R on and the result is in the throttle servo. I checked the manual if there is a way to exhange them but nothing.ANY IDEA ANYBODY?Should I return it?

Thanks in advance, Kosmas

Reply to
Guzzler

Did you buy your radio new? If so, did it come with the receiver and with crystals installed?

Reply to
HomeBrewer

Futaba Rx's are negative shift so they wouldnt work with a JR Tx , right ? Maybe its an Airtronics Rx and theyre different?

Reply to
johnhardy1

I have got a JR X378 tx and I am successfully using it with a Futaba receiver with no problems. The only issue I ever had was the crystals, i.e you can't use a JR crystal in a futaba Rx an vice versa.

What it may be, is that the channel numbers are just different on JR and Futaba sets meaning that Channel 1 on the JR Tx is throttle for example, and on the Futaba Tx it is aileron. This shouldn't be a problem though! Just connect a servo to each receiver channel and test which stick movement controls the servo, then just label up the receiver.

I am also using a Sanwa receiver with the JR Tx and this too works well. I did have to perform a soldering mod to the sanwa rx though because the power pins are the opposite way round to Futaba. It does work though, I use an 8ch version in my Twinstar.

Andy Peaple

Reply to
Andy Peaple

The pulse direction thing between JR and Futaba is unique to America I think. Here in Australia people commonly mix Futaba and JR gear.

Russ.

Reply to
Russ