Re: Eclipse 7 vs FF6

When comparing the features, the Eclipse makes more sense.
FWIW the feel and easy to read screen of the Eclipse is much better.
A spreadsheet comparing computer TX, available in this country i.e.Eclipse,
FUT FF6, FUT 9CAP, Airtronics RD6000, JR652, & JR3810 has been completed and
is available to anyone who wants a copy E & OE..
Comparisons of Eclipse & FF6 as available in this country =
Hitec Eclipse 7
Futaba 6XAS
Street Price $749 in GST
$1099 inc GST
Standard Features
Channels Seven
Six
Model Memory Seven Six
Flight Modes ACRO/GLID/HELI ACRO/HELI
FM/PCM Yes (QPCM)* Yes
DSC available Yes
No
Software upgrades Yes
No
Battery indicator Digital
Digital
Dual Rates CH 1,2&4 Yes 1&2
only
Individual D/R switches Yes
Yes
Elevon Mixing Yes
Yes
V-Tail Mixing Yes
Yes
EPA Yes
Yes
Exponential Yes
1&2 only
Flight condition modes 3
No
P-Mixes 5 / 2 in Heli
2
Sub Trim Yes
Yes
Digital Trims Yes
No
Trim Memory Yes
Yes
Low Battery Warning Yes
Yes
Servo Reversing Yes
Yes
Trainer Capable Yes
Yes
Trainer Activation Toggle switch
Button
Flap Rotary knob
Rotary knob
Data Transfer No
No
Adjustable trim rates No
No
Switch Assignability No
No
Engine Lock Switch Yes
No
ACRO Mode Features
Flapperon Yes
Yes
Landing mode Yes
Yes
Elevon Mixing Yes
Yes
V-Tail Mixing Yes
Yes
Aileron/Rudder mix Yes
Yes
Elevator/Flap mix Yes
Yes
Ailervator No
No
GLIDER Mode Features
Crow Yes
N/A
Camber mix Yes
N/A
Aileron Differential Yes
N/A
V-Tail mix Yes
N/A
Elevator/Flap mix Yes
N/A
Aileron/Rudder mix Yes
N/A
Flap/Aileron coupling Yes
N/A
Flap/Elevator coupling Yes
N/A
Flap/Aileron Trim Yes
N/A
Electric Motor Switch Yes
N/A
HELI Mode Features Heli
Version only
Throttle Cut Yes
No
Throttle Hold Yes
Yes
Rudder/Throttle mix Yes
Yes
2 Idle up/ 1 Throttle hold Yes
No
5-Point Throttle Curve Yes
No
5-Point Pitch Curve Yes
No
Gyro Gain Adjust Yes
No
Revolution Mix Yes
Yes
Hovering Pitch Knob Yes
Yes
Hovering Throttle Knob Yes
Yes
Invert Switch No
No
Supports CCPM Yes
No
SYSTEM INCLUDES Dual Conv. RX Single Conv. RX
4 X HS422 Servos (dual bearing) 3 X
Std Servo
* QPCM = Quick PCM
upto 50% faster than Nicads
Nicads
other PCM systems. 3 way charger 2 way
charger
TX, RX & Glow TX & RX
Extension Cord
Switch Harness
Switch harness
Everthing is lined up in this email, I trust all lines up when posted.
regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

I have a budget of £200 to spend on a new computer radio. I am torn between
> the Hitec Eclipse 7 and the Futaba Field Force 6.
>
> A little while ago I had a JR X-3810 but cant afford to get another one at
> the moment. Is the eclipse as good as it looks or does the price reflect the
> quality.
>
> Should I go for Futaba as they are more popular or is there not much in it??
>
> Comments and views very much appreciated.
>
> Pete

Reply to
A.T.
I have the Eclipse 7 and fly both heli's and planes on it. I think anyone who buys another brand is foolish.
Reply to
Bousch
The eclipse 7 is awesome. I have had it for about a year now and it is a great transmitter.
Reply to
Anthony R
Unfortunately, I do not know how to post any article on my web page except as a link. Many readers of my site email me direct daily with different inquiries. I simply click reply and respond and/or attach the excel spreadsheet, jpg, WinZip, full word doc.or whatever information has been requested and in preferred format, given my old age computer skills, then hit send = simple. This particular spreadsheet lists all the features of each TX, side by side, without bias from any manufacturer, E & OE. No errors or omissions have been advised to me. I intend to produce a similar spreadsheet with all the 4,5 & 6 TX systems in the near future. regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

Six
Reply to
A.T.
they had ff9's at Wings and wheels for 250. Over your stated budget but there a step up from the ff6. Cannon remember who it was and it might have been a show price only.
You can get a ff6 for £100 (and a bit of postage), or the Eclipe 7 for £135 if you just want the TX and the nicad from
Question is Do you need the reciever and servos ?
Theres also the new 6exa but I don't know if it's meant as the replacement for the older FF6 or a new model (probably a replacement)
Reply to
gavin
Email direct for a copy of the spreadsheet. Existing site takes all my spare hours, keeping up to date and answering other direct inquiries, without adding additional pages. regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.
One problem involved in deciding which computer radio is "best" (they're all excellent)is this: if this is your first such radio you don't know exactly what to look for and what questions to ask. I have a JR 347 (eleven years old)and JR 8103 (original model, no digital trims)and love 'em both. Anyone who owns the others in question will say the same thing, most likely. The big thing is, you really can't go wrong. That's comforting.
Reply to
John R. Agnew