Hot water heater on 208 vac?

Thanks for the ideas but i am not prepared to pay to have this fixed - I didn't choose to have the xformer where it is, and I didn't select the wire gauge etc. As southern elect
made those (wrong) choices I reckon they can damn well fix it at their cost
David
snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net wrote:

In alt.engineering.electrical quietguy
| Thanks for the ideas but i am not prepared to pay to have this fixed - I didn't choose to have the | xformer where it is, and I didn't select the wire gauge etc. As southern elect made those (wrong) | choices I reckon they can damn well fix it at their cost
Not necessarily. The choice could be made by the previous homeowner.
message

metres from

Gad!
I thought I had a long run (440') but you have me beat by a factor of three.
(BTW: I never had problems with "droop" yet the power company (after several failures of the underground feed) installed a new drop with much larger cables. (Don't know the numbers.)