House wiring question

Help, I have a very long walkway to the front of the house and I want to install recessed lights (110v) along it above the walkway where I have a gondola built. I was wanting to know if I could install motion detectors at either end? If so, How would I wire it ? thanks, Ron

Reply to
Ron Coffey

Run 3 wire plus ground. The lights go to the red, along with the reds from the detectors, white to white and black is hot. I have a few hooked up this way at my house. If one comes on all the lights come on. Just be sure your lights are within the wattage of the detectors.

Reply to
Gfretwell

BTDT, Greg - but that kind of setup can drive you nuts if one of the motion sensor acts up.

Reply to
Nukie Poo