How long bright flashing LED last on AA cells?

You might want to consider some CMOS low power internally linked shift registers, to give a pseudo-random variable flash rate.

It puzzles the heck out of my squirrels, when connected to a motorised table. They can manage up to 3 bits of this "Simon" memory game, correctly jumping to the table at the correct time. But not 4 bits.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

There are some nice hints and tips above which I had not thought of, Such as filing down LED case to extract more light.

Reply to
Jaxx

Yes! Oh, you are so literal!

But in fairness you are also very correct.

Reply to
Jaxx

In message , =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= writes

Another task begging for a cheap microcontroller..... A PIC 12F629 comes to mind. Eight pin chip and it does the LOT.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

I was going to thank him for his output. :-)

Reply to
Jaxx